Thursday, March 17, 2011

desert plein air oil landscape by BECKY JOY

Superstitions  11x14 oil plein air  $550.
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

I went out yesterday to the Superstition with a group painting. This is my painting from the afternoon. I still need to photograph the first one from the morning. It got a little warm out there in the afternoon. Then I left a little too late and driving across town I got stuck in the rush hour traffic. Another good reason for being an artists. I would hate to think about having to go through that every day.

Anyway, I broke down the different planes in large colored masses and then grouped the plants in the front for the design that I wanted. There were paths leading down this bank which drew me to this particular scene. I just changed the design. Overall, I was pleased with the day for painting. A good day!

I will be having a one day workshop at the Superstitions on April 15 for $70. Email me or go to my website at http://beckyjoy.com/workshops

Talk to you all later,
Becky
http://beckyjoyartist.blogspot.com
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com
www.beckyjoy.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...