Monday, March 28, 2011

Plein air painting in the desert by Becky Joy

This is a plein air, 11x14 oil, overlooking Lake Pleasant, which is northwest of Phoenix, AZ. Overall, I like the painting, but I do want to do some new composing. I don't like the shape of the road which leads off to the left. and the shadows of the tree and bushes could be more interesting and a little more shadow on the right. But, it will have to wait.
Right now I am in a workshop this week with Mark Daily. I am taking a Photoshop class at Scottsdale Artists School. A little frustrating today. I need to brush up more on my camera. I grabbed my manual, but didn't realize until I was in class that it was the Spanish manual. I can speak and read some Spanish, but a manual was too much. So, tomorrow it will be in English. Then the photoshop I didn't get one concept about threshold and moving the layers. Tonight I'm spending time with my photoshop manual. Back to school tomorrow. Hopefully, it all is a little more clear for me.
Talk to you all later.
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...