Sunday, September 15, 2013

Angels Among Us Pink Rose Solo by Floral Artist Nancy Medina


 Angels Among Us, Pink Rose Solo
8X10
Oil on Archival Panel




I had an angel on my shoulder as I painted tonight. It's great to have elves to help with cleanup, little pugs to snore and make me laugh while I work, and a dear husband who tells me he loves me every day. But to have an angel with you is an immeasurable gift, and one I have no idea how to repay. Years ago, a woman named Emily Leland contacted me out of the blue. She wanted to help me get into a gallery in Fredericksburg, Texas, called The Good Art Company. She invited me to visit, and encouraged me to bring my art, and introduced me to the gallery owner, providing a ringing endorsement. I remember sitting with her at one of the outdoor tables at Rather Sweet, eating the best homemade cheese danish I had ever had, and watching as she greeted everyone who came into the shop that morning. Everyone in town knew her. I could tell, everyone who knew her, liked Emily. Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...