Thursday, September 19, 2013

"Suite Morning Glories" by Karla Nolan


Okay, I guess you would say I'm back to blogging.  This has been a terrible year, a "horriblus annus" or whatever it was Queen Elizabeth said some time back.  I lost my beloved father at the end of January.  He was a hero to me, an inspiration, a man whose life was unbelievable.  He survived the Holocaust, escaping Nazi Germany as one of the last Jewish people allowed out of that country.  Family was lost, taken from him, but the wretched people who did such vile things never took his soul.  I miss him dreadfully.  

We've had major flooding in Colorado; last year, major wildfires (as well as some in 2013).  Sometimes I wonder, what can keep me going?  I don't want to be a sad, depressed, dis-spirited person, that's never been my style.  The answer is, of course, beyond true family and friends who have become family, art.  Painting.  It's the only way right now.....

Back to the palette, the palette knife, the colors, the flowers, landscapes, skies, travels.  Revelling in the memories.  Experimenting with the colors, the textures, the subject matter.  That's the way to go.  

"Suite Morning Glories", 9"x12" palette knife oil painting on gesso board, $215 plus $17 s/h in continental U.S., push Paypal button below 
Thank you for viewing my art!

Greetings from Fort Collins, Colorado!

1 comment:

  1. Karla, beautiful art. My deepest sympathy for the loss of your dad. I am certain he enjoys your paintings from where ever he is and he wants you to continue to be happy.

    ReplyDelete

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...