Friday, September 3, 2010

SURF, TOM BROWN CALIFORNIA IMPRESSIONIST PLEIN AIR


" B O O M ! "
5x7 INCH ORIGINAL PLEIN AIR
PALETTE KNIFE OIL PAINTING
BY TOM BROWN

Each time an artist creates a new work he puts his emotions and talent out there for all to judge. It takes courage and there is always the risk of rejection. Still, many of us are willing to risk it on a daily basis. This is my offering for today. I hope you like it.

This painting is named for the thundering sound of giant waves pounding the ocean rocks. You can literally feel the echoing boom deep within your chest at times like this. It’s a very palpable noise.

The other day I mentioned that I like painting with a palette knife at times as a break from my usual brush painting. The “brush strokes” are very crisp and decisive in paintings done with a palette knife. Colors are placed with a directness that sparkles on the surface. The finished paintings always bring a special freshness to a room. This little jewel is a prime example of that.

I’m offering this painting for a limited time directly through my blog, before putting it on eBay. If you’re interested, please email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net . Thanks for stopping to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...