Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Secret Garden by Roxanne Steed



7"x5" oil on gessoed masonite art board

"I have never had so many good ideas day after day as when I worked in the garden."
- John Erskine

I'm finally ready to unveil the last two paintings from my Chincoteague trip. Both of them were done in the fabulous little garden behind the "Channel Bass Inn", just off of Main Street. You would never know that such a garden exists by looking at the front of the Inn. But once you enter into the back yard area, the garden is like a series of little rooms and paths, with a vine covered potting shed, bird baths and fountains, flowers spilling out every where, climbing & soaring; there's something blooming at every level. Tall butterfly bushes and tall sunflowers blossomed overhead to give a real sense of privacy, pink and white phlox growing along some of the lower levels. For my first painting of the morning, I placed my easel where I could see the light peeking through on the garden path, lighting up the rim of an old shell shaped fountain. I'm calling it "The Secret Garden" and it's a 7"x5" oil on primed masonite art board. Oh what an inspiring place to paint (and think about what I might do in my own garden at home)! Tomorrow I'll show you the last painting of the "Chincoteague weekend". To purchase, please visit my DailyPainters.com Gallery Store.

Welcome to my latest new subscribers! I do hope you enjoy the paintings, photos & stories! I always love hearing comments from my readers!!
My web site www.RoxanneSteed.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...