Sunday, September 19, 2010

"Seaside" by Karla Nolan, palette knife oil painting

The ocean is a mystery to me -- I live inland but love lying on a beach and listening to the surf pound.  It is such a peaceful time, quite relaxing.  However, not living near the water really does post a problem to my way of thinking, as I usually am near it during the more pleasant months of the year, not the story winter months.  That is the mystery -- what it is like to live nearby during difficult weather?  Probably it's something I'll never experience as I don't tend to travel during the wicked winter -- ah, if I had only grown up next to the sea -- but then I wouldn't be the proud Coloradan that I am now. 

"Seaside", 8"x10" palette knife oil painting on masonite, unframed $160 includes s&h in N. America, Paypal preferred, click button below or write for more information or close ups to KarlaNolan@gmail.com -- thanks for looking!






MORE NEWS TO ANNOUNCE at KarlaNolanBlogspot

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karla, your painting is beautiful. I like your colors especially the deep blue of the sea. I live in Oregon near the ocean and can tell you that the winter sea can be very dramatic. When it is not being thrown against the rocks in a tremendous white foamy spray, it is a silver sheet edged in white lace where it flows upon the shore. BTW I love Colorado, it is a very picturesque state - lots to paint and photograph.

    ReplyDelete

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...