Monday, September 6, 2010

workshop photos by BECKY JOY





These were two of the three paintings that I did as demos in my workshop in Oregon. I forgot to take a photo of the third one, a moonscape that got away from me before I had a chance to take the photo. I was taking a video in the class, but didn't have the camera in movie mode, so not a lot to show you about the workshop.

I also have posted another painting here. It was my last plein air piece on my way up to Portland at dawn. I still need to look at the videos of me plein air painting.
This is a winery that sits up on the hill. There was so much to paint while I was visiting Oregon.

I told all of you about the plein air paintout at a winery in Northern Arizona yesterday. I went, I painted and it turned out to be maybe one of my worst paintings. It was a wipeout when I got home. I made several mistakes that I hope I don't do again.
1. I set up by a wall where I couldn't back up to look at the painting.
2. I didn't do a value sketch
3. I didn't have a clear vision of what I was painting
4. I changed my mind on the focal point midway
5. I left my glasses in the car, which I needed since I couldn't back away.

The painting was all over the place with no real focal point or composition. There was no way of reviving that one. Oh well, I did get a bottle of wine and a teeshirt and it was a great location.

I hope that you all had a great weekend. I will be resuming my broadcasting on ustream tomorrow on Tuesday at 4pm PDT http://www.ustream.tv/channel/becky-joy-artist-oil-painting-in-the-studio

BECKY JOY
http://beckyjoyartist.blogspot.com
www.beckyjoy.com
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com
Prints
Cards

1 comment:

  1. the light in those two top ones is especially striking - so clear - i really like the orangey glow on the side of the building between the green plants in the second one. (i switch back & forth when i'm painting between my distance glasses & my readers - neither seems to be right sometimes!) i hope to be home tomorrow to see your broadcast live - thank you!

    ReplyDelete

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...