Monday, September 20, 2010

Yellow Barn, Griswold Point, Sunny Day in Old Lyme



8"x10" oil on Belgian linen mounted on archival board

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."
- John Muir



This morning I headed out to Griswold Point, down in Old Lyme, to meet up with other CT Plein Air Painters. What a gorgeous September morning. I took a walk down to see the water, from time to time turning to see what was behind me. That's when I noticed the sunlight on this yellow barn! My intentions were to paint some of the shoreline this morning....but I know the thing that 'grabs me' quicker than anything is strong light contrasts! We're at the time of year when the tall grasses in the fields are getting those red-tinged tops- it makes for such interesting color variations across the surface!

I just got back in Sunday evening from a trip down to DC. Though I didn't take the oils with me this time. We went down on the train, so I wanted to pack light. But I did take a sketch book, and had time for a few museum trips!

I still have 2 more small oil paintings to share with you from my Chincoteague paint-out, and I've recently finished a commission to share with you! Thanks for following along, I'll be talking about all those later this week!

To purchase, please visit my DailyPainters Gallery-Store online!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...