Friday, September 13, 2013

Sunset Storm Brewing oil painting by Marion Hedger - Day 11, 30 day challenge

Sunset Storm Brewing oil painting by Marion Hedger
24x30cm (approx 10"x12")
oil on canvas sheet
Day 11, 30 days hath September challenge
Started with brush, finished with palette knife
Contact me here about this or any other painting

A sunset is the topic for painting number 11 in the 30 day challenge.
Thank you wetcanvas.com
The photo for this has been sitting in my 'to do' folder for quite a long time, and is a reference from wetcanvas.com. I am always weary of tackling sunsets but - as part of the challenge is to try different things - here it is.
A new painting surface
The surface is also new for me, it is painted on canvas sheet from a canvas pad that arrived in my supplies order the other day. I thought I had ordered a paper canvas pad for practice, but this is actual canvas with a universal primer. It is medium grain and a delight to work on. I painted directly onto the surface without additional preparation and initially I used a brush and then reverted to the palette knife. It seems to have accepted the oil very well.

I will leave it for a couple of days to see if the paint 'sinks in' or remains vibrant. I also think it needs more orange.

See yesterday's painting HERE
Marion Hedger art website

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...