Friday, June 25, 2010

Red Poppies and Red House by BECKY JOY

To buy this painting for $100. click here.

This is a 6x6 oil on canvas, just a "slice of a house. I have listed this daily painting in my Zatista store. The lighting and the poppies along the walkway are what caught my attention when I took the photo.

The photo was from a trip to Breckenridge, CO a few years ago. I used to do the outdoor art shows with my tent. There were several shows in Colorado that I would do during the summer. Breckenridge was one of them. I would be up there a week or two at a time then come back home to Phoenix. During the week between the weekend shows I would wonder around and do some plein air painting. Breckenridge has a lot of quaint little houses in the town. Its a fun place to visit. The houses are full of flowers and color. So, I will probably be painting some more houses from that area. The little painting of the picket fence and gate that I painted about 10 days ago or so was also from the same area.

I didn't get very much painting done today. Even though I was in the house and studio most of the day, the heat here in Phoenix kind of zapped my energy. It was a lazy day, went bowling then came home and jumped in the pool. I really needed that.

I've had several emails lately from people asking me about teaching workshops. That is something that I love to do and would like to teach more. I've been teaching for about four years now, although it has been in Arizona. It seems that I hadn't gotten my name outside of the state until just recently with the blogging. So now I am getting inquiries from people.  If you have an interest in me coming to your area to teach a workshop, email me and let me know. beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com

I've got a painting that I want to finish real soon, so I will probably be in the studio in the next couple of days painting. Hopefully, I have more energy.

Talk to you all later,
BECKY

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Becky - What a gorgeous painting. The light is superb. Wow. And 6x6! I have trouble with smaller canvases and the knife, unless I am painting dogs... This is just a lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...