Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Spinning through Time by Niki Gulley

"Spinning through Time" ©2010 Niki Gulley
36" x 60" oil on canvas

In "Spinning through Time," I wanted you to escape from the heat of summer and life's day to day responsibilities and enjoy a peaceful lake retreat. I purposely chose cool colors to add to this feeling of tranquility and I liked how the arrangement of the trees framed the lake in almost a circular pattern, suggesting the cyclical flow of nature. Soothing waters and being immersed in natural surroundings can have such a cathartic effect, and I hope you experience that relaxing moment in "Spinning through Time."

I'll be exhibiting this painting and several of my other new chunky oil paintings at Evanston's Fountain Square Art Festival this weekend. If you're in the Chicago area, I hope you can stop by the show. For more information, see chicagoevents.com/event.cfm?eid=123.

Or, e-mail me at Niki@NikiGulley.com with any questions.

Visit my website at NikiGulley.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...