Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Red Roses For Love by Roxanne Steed



6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

"God gave us our memories so that we might have roses in December."
- J. M. Barrie


I'm always reminded of why I like these little paintings so much! As an artist, I can quickly try out new colors, techniques in a small space, without a huge commitment. I'm liking what I tried out today, a couple new color combinations, as well as using smaller knives that I don't usually use. If you've followed my blog for awhile, you'll see that I use many of the same jars & vases over & over again in my still-life set-ups. I have 3 favorites....but I'm definitely on the hunt for a little more variety in flower containers!

And I especially love the quote...I'm trying to soak in the memories of so many beautiful flowers in the garden. I've got a long winter to last through!

While it's wet & unframed:
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $100 USD plus $10 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...