Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Apricots, Cherries and Sunflowers by Roxanne Steed



20"x20" oil on gallery wrapped stretched canvas

"Flowers always make people better and happier; they are sunshine, food and medicine to the soul."
- Luther Burbank



I bought this small tablecloth about a month ago, knowing I'd paint it. It will probably be one of those pieces that ends up in many of my still-life set-ups to come. I knew when I saw it, that I'd be using my big green jug....with sunflowers, & queen-anne's lace. And of course with the print having apricots & cherries, I knew it would be interesting to put some 'actual' cherries & apricots on the table as well.

I started this one yesterday and finished the last bit up this morning. I paint from life, and I've been exploring a lot of views that are back-lit by my studio window. After dinner painting is over, the light has changed by then. The windows face north, so I do have nice even light all day, no 'hot spots' to cook the room (or my fruit & flowers). Don't you just enjoy the long days of summer?!

While it's wet & unframed:
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $900 USD plus $26 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...