Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Old Shed/Barn? daily oil painting by BECKY JOY

OK, I'm continuing with the buildings. This 5x7 is an old barn?/shed that I saw in the Four Corners area. I have this listed on Zatista for $100. I had fun painting the metal roof, the paint was just gliding on with the palette knife. It was unclear what was in the back part of the shed, but some light was coming into it and there was a lot of interesting shapes and colors to paint.

I got a call today from John at Windrush Gallery in Sedona. I'm delivering a couple new paintings to him on Friday. He really likes some of the new work that I am doing, including the houses. I'm floating two of the 5x7's in 6x8 frames. When I get them done tomorrow, I will take a photo to show you how they look by floating the paintings in the frame. I'm having a good time painting these little structures and the response has been good so I think I will paint a few more. I always have liked old sheds, barns and funky houses, not to live in, mind you, but they are interesting to look at.

There is still time to be in my drawing for a FREE daily painting for the month of June, just sign up for my newsletter. If you already subscribe, recommend it to a friend. Then you can both be in the drawing, just let me know. beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com







For Email Marketing you can trust

BECKY JOY
http://www.beckyjoy.com/
http://beckyjoyartist.blogspot.com/
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com
Daily Originals Zatista Store
Fine Art Prints at Imagekind
EBay current paintings

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...