Saturday, June 26, 2010

"Plume" by Karla Nolan, palette knife oil painting on canvas


It seems to me that sometimes clouds take off on their own, drawn upwards by the winds that we cannot see, they are so far up in the atmosphere. That was what was happening the evening I took a reference of photo of resulted in this particular painting. Honestly, this one was a difficult piece to paint -- I didn't want to smear the coral clouds all over the place, I wanted to keep the softness intact and was frustrated at times pulling it together. All in all, though, I'm pretty satisfied with it. Far better in person, naturally! Just waiting for a frame....

"Plume", 16"x12" palette knife oil painting on canvas panel, $380 plus s&h determined at time of sale, Paypal preferred, write me for invoice or more information at KarlaNolan@gmail.com


Thank you for looking!

MORE NEWS TO ANNOUNCE at KarlaNolanBlogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...