Saturday, June 26, 2010

Path by the River, by Carrie Jacobson

Path by the River
By Carrie Jacobson
Oil on canvas, 16x20, $500

As I was painting this piece, a truck stopped behind me and a young woman and older man stepped out. They had seen my painting from the road, and liked it. 

The man had lived on this road for most of his life. He was recently retired from his job as a carpenter, and had been spending his time building a lighthouse on his second property, about a half-mile from his home. 

After he enthused about my painting, he invited my painting partner, Heather, and I to take a visit to see his lighthouse. 

It was absolutely marvelous. Three stories, beautifully shingled, with running water, a bathroom, a bedroom and a deck around the third story. 

If you want to buy this painting, please call me at 860-442-0246.

To see more of my paintings, check out my website (jacobson-arts.com) or my blog, The Accidental Artist (carriejacobson.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...