Sunday, February 13, 2011

Layered Love - A rose for Valentines Day!

This is my first ever painting of a rose. Somehow, this gorgeous flower has always intimidated me with all its layers of petals. I never thought I could get a rose to look like one! This time I went for it though, as part of a challenge at Daily Paintworks. Was great fun and much much easier than I thought! I was toying with the idea of oils vs acrylics but then decided to go with Acrylics itself, entirely with the knife. And I thoroughly enjoyed myself!

Let me know what you think.


Layered Love
Acrylics on Canvas, 5 by 7 inches

To see more of my work, please visit:


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...