Saturday, February 19, 2011

Full Swing Spring by Roxanne Steed



12"x16" oil on linen mounted on museum quality board

"No matter how long the winter, how hard the frost or how deep the snow, nature triumphs. No season is awaited so eagerly or welcomed so warmly as spring."

-Sheila Pickles


I do hope you've missed me over the last few days! I've been in San Diego with my husband (he's here on business travel). When we were packing for this trip rain had been forecast for both days we planned on being here, so I didn't pack the paint gear this time. But I had the most wonderful opportunity to meet up with some dear friends that were a big part of my life when I lived here ten years ago! It was SOOO much fun to catch up - a lot goes on in ten years time...but funny thing, I think only our children have aged! My friends looked GREAT as ever! Those years seemed to fall away pretty quickly & it was like I had only been gone a short time. Thanks Anne & Wendy!!

Before we left CT on Tuesday, I had just finished painting, "Full Swing Spring", a 12"x16" oil on linen mounted on museum quality board. The days are getting a little longer there finally, and we've had a couple of surprisingly warm days (for late winter anyway). I'm looking forward to a 'full swing Spring' and was just thinking how a visit with dear friends is just like a sunny day in Spring! Keeps you smiling - that's for certain!

For more information about this painting, including pricing, framing, etc. contact me at this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...