Wednesday, February 9, 2011

J'taime Sunflower Bouquet by Nancy Medina

J'taime Sunflower Bouquet
by Nancy Medina
11X14
Palette Knife
Oil on Linen Board

My Daily Painters Gallery
Nancy Medina Web Site
Nancy Medina Art Blog

J'taime Sunflowers is based on the same sunny bouquet from my blog post yesterday. I went a bit thicker with the color to celebrate the lovely orange hearts and broke out my beloved palette knife to lay in yellow petal tips and the bits of purple-white sky. It was important to get these nice warm colors in, to stave of the winter storm that is heading our way at midnight! Perhaps a fortress of blossoms will keep out the cold, though something tells me the pugs have the better plan, all piled together on a pillow in front of the footheater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...