Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cure For A Case Of The Januaries by Roxanne Steed




8"x8" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

"Nothing can cure the soul but the senses, just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul."
- Oscar Wilde


What are the dreaded 'Januaries' you might ask?? That post holiday exhaustion and the realization that winter is still going to be here for 3 more months. "Cure For A Case Of The Januaries" is an 8"x8" oil on gessoed masonite artboard. Please contact me for more information about this painting or to purchase - roxannesteed@gmail.com

I'm really enjoying these flowers this winter -they are really making me look forward to Spring (yes I know, it's a long way off). But while snow is swirling all around me outside, I can be warm and dry in my studio remembering what summer offered up last year. Hoping for this year in the garden to be even more bountiful. We've been going through the seed & plant catalogs looking for what we'd like to try this year. Ah, the joy of anticipation!



*****Upcoming shows
- Here in CT: I'll be taking part in the Mystic Art Center's Members Exhibition which opens this Friday, January 14th, 5:30-7:30pm. Hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...