Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Blizzard Buster by Roxanne Steed - sold!



6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

"There's one good thing about snow, it makes your lawn look as nice as your neighbor's."
- Clyde Moore

"Blizzard Buster" is what I'm calling this little gem. It is truly the redeeming part of my day. Earlier in the day during a slight lull in the blizzard, we went out to shovel and clear the driveway. This snow was heavy, wet, and about 18" DEEP! That's an exhausting workout! It was so nice to come in and have flowers to paint. I'm especially glad my flowers are holding up, although the blue agapanthus are starting to drop their little flowerets.

I saw on the news where there is snow in 49 out of 50 states (you lucky Floridians!). Even Hawaii had snow on one of its mountains! Not that it makes me feel any better, but knowing there are flowers at the grocery store, waiting for me to paint is some consolation! What is your blizzard buster?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...