Friday, January 28, 2011

Blue and Gray...Palette Knife Painting by Peg Whitacre

I once read an article that said you could make photos more "impressionistic" by using a 16x20 piece of shower glass (plastic) and place it in front of the subject!  Well, I tried it and really liked the photographic results.  I only used this method when photographing flowers and it does give an "unusual" appearance.  So......I thought this might work with the palette knife and this is the result.  The original photo was  just blue wildflowers growing out of the cracks in some rocks.  This is the result of using the palette knife to reproduce the photo.  It looks to me a bit impressionistic and also a bit abstract!  Have not yet decided if I like it but thought I would post it anyhow.  Comments anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...