Saturday, November 15, 2014

Daily Painting, "Going Coconuts", Landscape, 6x8, Oil

This is another of my daily paintings from my trip to Sanibel Island in May.

Purchase here
95

My daughter and I were getting our exercise, taking a little walk before it was too hot one morning, trying to dodge all the people on bicycles without getting hit, when I saw this palm loaded with coconuts.


We live in Florida and see lots of palm trees, but our area is further north and coconut palms are not as common there.  There is a lot going on under those palms, all kinds of fibers hanging, old dried up fronds and other miscellaneous materials and of course, the coconuts.  It almost has an abstract quality.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...