Monday, July 22, 2013

Moonglow Sunflowers by Floral Artist Nancy Medina


Moonglow Sunflowers
by Nancy Medina
16X20
Oil on Archival Panel



Moonglow Sunflowers is the newest still life in Flower Mound Studio this week, painted on an evening when the moon was bright after a rainy July day. These sunflowers and lilies are still fresh, though my peonies bid their adieu this morning after a ride back and forth to the farm with me for one more painting. I'm still having fond thoughts of the warehouses of fresh blossoms that filled Floral Row in downtown St. Louis where I visited last week, and wondering what was in those big rooms I didn't even venture into. I suppose one giant rubbermaid cart piled with flowers was enough for one workshop. Something to dream about until I return there to teach again next spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...