Monday, July 29, 2013

Day 40, project 125 Lone tree and rock wash painterly painting BECKY JOY

tree and wash painting
© 2013 Becky Joy    Day 40, Lone Tree   oil    6 inches x 6 inches    $125.
Click here to purchase.

Today is another difficult day with my daughter. I painted this morning and also started my next book or most probably a dvd about color. I've been going through notes that I have gathered together over several months and organizing my thoughts. Right now, it is an outline and where I will start. A couple more days and I can start video taping some. I've had so many people ask me about dvd's and especially about color. It's time to start working on it. It will be more intensive than the last book that I put together, because it is a complicated and sometimes difficult subject to understand.

Today, while I was painting this painting I was think more about color itself and how I use it. The range of colors in this painting is in the blues and greens with a little bit of orange and red, which is a split complementary. The complementary colors red and orange are just used as an accent. The painting seems colorful, but it is a small range of colors, but it does harmonize very well.  I softened the background with my brush to knock it back, giving more aerial perspective.

I will be taking off real soon to go back to my daughter's house to make dinner for everyone and to have dinner myself for tonight. Back to the painting tomorrow.

How to Create Better Paintings E-Book $14.95.

Click to Preview and purchase

book graphic single

Becky Joy

1 comment:

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...