Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 35, Abandoned Turn-of-the-Century Home oil Painting BECKY JOY


© 2013 Becky Joy    Abandoned House    oil     6 inches x 6 inches     $125.
click here to purchase.

Today was a day of errands. I woke up late, finally got on the treadmill after an hour and a half or so on the computer. While I was on the treadmill, I remembered that I was meeting a bunch of artists today at 11:30. After a quick shower, it was on the road. It was a great lunch-meeting with some good networking. I learned all kinds of things that were going on locally here. Anyway, ideas are forming now. I then stopped at my daughter's house, talked a while with her and the grandkids, went to the store with her and borrowed her camera.

I came home a took some photos of a bunch of paintings. (Her camera is a better one than mine. I use it for special photos here and there.)  After that, I finally got down to some painting this afternoon. I intended to work on a large one today, but it didn't happen. This was it! This painting is similar to a plein air that I painted in Oregon. This time, I played with the edges a little more and tried to loosen up with all but the white of the house. The field is looser with a pathway of a couple of strong strokes.

Tomorrow, there's always tomorrow for the big painting and to get that one more little painting caught up. I am behind one now. This weekend I spent most of my time rebuilding my webite, Easel Notes. I opened a website on the computer while I had my webpage open. It attacked my website before I knew it. I had to go into the html to remove it and while I was at it, I was putting in a new header, then a new menu......... Well, it was a big job. I'm not quite done, but it's looking a lot better. Some little changes and additions and it will be in pretty good shape. Then, I'll try to start posting on it more.

Talk to you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...