Friday, April 19, 2013

SOLD ~ Coronado Island Sunset Arbor and the 88th Annual Flower Show by Nancy Medina


Coronado Island Sunset Arbor
by Nancy Medina

SOLD
16X12
Oil on Archival Panel


Coronado Island Sunset Arbor is almost as much a watercolor application of oils as it is a traditional oil painting. I love experimenting with transparent paints, and staining my canvas in blocks of light, color and shape. Letting those transparent paints shine through, without covering them, can give your painting a feeling of depth.

Tomorrow I fly to one of the most beautiful places in California, Coronado Island. Rest assured my camera battery is charging, and I've got my comfy walking shoes packed - first things first, we stop somewhere for excellent fish tacos, then grab our flower show map to start tracking down and photographing all the top award winning gardens and cottages. The 88th Annual Flower Show will be in full swing in Spreckles Park, and I'll have a whole day before my solo show at the gallery begins. I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...