Saturday, July 30, 2011

Rural Green - Janet Bludau

8" x 8"
Oil on Raymar Archival Panal
$95
I painted this a few weeks ago in a studio with several artist friends.  We are together sometimes twice a week and one of the best things about painting together is the feedback from other artists you respect.
I had finished the main painting I had been working on for the day but was really on a roll.  I really enjoy the first part of creating a painting, when you are putting your first creativity into a piece yet are far from a finished product so there is none of the pressure that comes with a perfectionist nature - "who me???"
I had finished the piece but didn't know it yet when another artist walked over to check out my easel.
She almost yelled.  "Stop, don't you dare put another stroke on that!"  
She went on to explain how she loved the simplicity and how contemporary the painting was at this point.  Had I kept fussing with it she was concerned I would lose that.  I made myself stop and at least wait for awhile while I worked on starting another piece,  while at the same time checking back now and then with my eyes to see what I thought, over and over again!
I decided I agreed with her and hope you do too.
My email:  janethod@aol.com
Please visit my full website:  http://janetbludau.fineartstudioonline.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...