Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Italian Sunflowers North Light Gray Day by Roxanne Steed



8"x6" oil on Belgian linen mounted on museum quality board

"If the English language made any sense, lackadaisical would have something to do with a shortage of flowers."
- Doug Larson


It was gray and overcast today, which makes for a nice cool silvery light in my studio. I'm still thinking about Hensche's teachings from Camille Przewodek's workshop. Cool light, warm shadows...there's a lot of wonderful color in shadows on gray days.

In the meantime, I have a commission painting started (hints....wedding, Ireland, hmm, what could be more romantic??) I head out tomorrow to go 'fetch my mom' and bring her up here to visit....so it looks like my posting will be a bit dicey for the next several days...unless I find a Panera....and a good bit of free time. I think I might have some 'chores' with mom before we head back up here. Hubby will hold down the fort up here & keep the flowers growing.

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $150 USD plus $10 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...