Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tree, water reflection oil painting by BECKY JOY

REFLECTIONS, a 6x6 oil for sale on my website for $110. To purchase the painting click here.

I used both the palette knife and brush in this painting. I use the brush first to put thin paint on, leaving some of the strokes. The palette knife is in the foliage and ground. By using the brush in the water I get smoother, glassier reflections. It really makes the water lie down flat. This is from a photo that I used to paint the painting "Moonlight" which was in the OPA National show. I used the tree with a reflection, but took a lot of liberties. This version is entirely different and a little closer to reality.

Last night I had my second broadcast on UStream. Time really slipped by. I didn't realize that I had been on for about two hours. There was a good group of people participating in the chat. I really enjoyed it. I'll be back for next Tuesday at 4pm PDT. Hopefully, as time goes on I will improve the show as I learn more. I'm going to experiment with a different camera now. 

Oh, and I will post the painting probably tomorrow that I did during the broadcast.
Talk to you later,
BECKY JOY
http://beckyjoyartist.blogspot.com
www.beckyjoy.com
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/becky-joy-artist-oil-painting-in-the-studio

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...