Tuesday, August 31, 2010

TOM BROWN CALIFORNIA IMPRESSIONIST PLEIN AIR


"OVER THE HILL"
5x7 INCH ORIGINAL PLEIN AIR
OIL PAINTING BY TOM BROWN

This little jewel was painted with a palette knife and my fingers. And it really packs a punch.

Most of my paintings are done with brushes, but sometimes I like to use the palette knife as I did in this piece. The knife is much more immediate, and it is a very responsive tool once you master it.

“Brush strokes” are very crisp and decisive. Colors are placed with a directness that sparkles on the surface. The finished paintings always bring a special freshness to a room.

When I came upon this scene I knew I wanted to capture it quickly before the lighting could change. As usual I had my custom designed little pochade paintbox. I simply opened the box, grabbed a palette knife and I was painting within moments.

I used my fingers to do a bit of blending at the finish, and it was done! Hope you like it.

To bid on this little jewel click here:
http://shop.ebay.com/tombrownfineart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...