Thursday, December 19, 2013

Poinsettias in White and a January Workshop by Nancy Medina

http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1343555

 Poinsettias in White
by Nancy Medina
12X16
Oil on Archival Panel

Poinsettias in White is the newest daily painting in Flower Mound Studio, my first white poinsettia! Our bran new Market Street opened this week, with much fanfare. I walked through the front doors on the day it opened and made a beeline for the flower section. I found a huge white hydrangea plant which I cradled lovingly all the way to my cart. Until I saw the price tag on the plant! Holy cow! I returned it and picked out a beautiful white poinsettia, instead, on sale for $10!

I'm hoping to find a few more of these plants for my January workshop. We'll be ringing in the New Year by painting winter florals and feasting on fresh pastries from .... you guessed it! Market Street! Using a loose, bright technique, each day I will begin class with a large demonstration, with afternoon paint-along sessions where I work with students step by step. On the final day of class, we will paint an entire floral still life, vase and all. Students will take home at least three completed paintings. What a great way to kick off 2014!

Painting Brilliant Florals

With Nancy Medina

January 9, 10, 11, 2014
9 am to 4 pm Daily
Irving, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...