Monday, November 12, 2012

Technique Demonstration by Pamela Blaies


20" x 16"
oil on canvas

 
  

After a workshop this fall and some experimenting over the past few weeks, my technique has begun to evolve a little. I used to do a pencil sketch before painting to make sure I was pleased with my composition.  Now, instead I abstractly "block in" my composition with a large brush. I was able to adjust and make the silver pitcher smaller after the block in showed me how to make the composition stronger.  After block in, the rest of the painting is done with palette knife.

I love to share my art and inspiration. Click HERE to sign up for my email newsletter and receive a free gift of postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...