Wednesday, November 7, 2012

"Abstracted Iris Trio" by Karla Nolan

I am pleased to be back on Palette Knife Painters blogspot -- unfortunately, I had to stop my painting for 18 months, due to health issues.  Friends and family urged me to resume my art, but let me tell you, radiation for breast cancer will wipe anyone out!  My heart goes out to all cancer patients, friends of theirs, and, of course, families.  Enough said.  

So.... this was just so much fun to paint!  After an 18 month absence, I was a bit unnerved about the prospect of putting palette knife into oil, never mind onto canvas, but I have always enjoyed seeing irises in springtime, so I thought, why not?  The colors are just vivid as can be and with the prospect of winter around the corner, we all need a bit of cheer!  

"Abstracted Iris Trio", 4"x6" palette knife oil painting on linen panel, $48 includes s/h in the continental U.S., Paypal accepted, contact me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more info -- and thanks for looking!



GREETINGS FROM FORT COLLINS, COLORADO

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...