Saturday, February 18, 2012

WILD TROPICAL PARROTS IN MY YARD, PAINTED FROM LIFE by TOM BROWN


Wild tropical parrots woke me this morning. They gathered in the eucalyptus and palm trees in my yard. And they’re LOUD.

Quick as a flash I grabbed my pochade box and raced out into the yard. Wet paint was on my palette from yesterday so I was ready to go.

I dove right in, standing with bare feet in cold wet grass as they nested high above me.

Most parrots kept moving from branch to branch, but this fellow remained in the same spot long enough for me to paint him. I even had time to snap a few photos.

What a great way to start the day!

“TIME TO WAKE UP!” is an original plein air oil painting on a 5x7 inch foam board panel.
Click here to purchase this painting:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350536709678

Thanks for looking.
Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@cox.net

1 comment:

  1. This makes me really miss my time living in southern CA! We had a flock of parakeets migrate through Old Saybrook, CT this past summer, when I was painting down by the CT River one morning- even those (relatively) little guys make a racket when they're in a large mass!!

    ReplyDelete

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...