Monday, January 16, 2012

Light Shines Brightly by Pamela Blaies

20" x 16"
Oil on Canvas

This adorable little princess, full of confidence and poise is the niece of a friend.  With the sun filtering through her tiny gown and glittering like gold dust onto her hair to the gardens around, this scene was fun to paint. 

I find myself inspired by light in a subject.  To me, light changes a painting from ordinary to delightful.  Light shines more brightly in a painting with sufficient contrast.  I find that a good analogy for my life experiences, too.  Experiencing sad or painful times makes my happy times seem happier.

I love to share my art and inspiration.  Click HERE to sign up for my email newsletter and receive a free gift of postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...