Friday, August 12, 2011

Missions at Midday by Pamela Blaies

Mission Porch in San Antonio
14" x 11"
Oil on Canvas

I have been enjoying some rest and relaxation in San Antonio this week. It has been great! In my last post, I talked a little about my trip to visit the missions here in San Antonio. I got a little sidetracked exploring the colorful neighborhoods, but finally did get to see Mission Concepcion and Mission San Jose. Even with the heat in the middle of August, there is bright, blooming flowers that stand out against the old stone and wood of the missions. This doorway with it's vine-covered pergola looked like an inviting villa that was still inhabited. It is interesting to imagine what life was like back then. The shadows and highlights of midday give interesting contrast to this painting.

I love to share stories and inspiration behind my paintings. Sign up to become a VIP Member and you will receive my email newsletter twice a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...