Friday, May 6, 2011

Ulupalakua View, Maui - Janet Bludau


This 6x6 oil on board was completed earlier in the year.  As with many of my paintings I have used both palette knifes and brushes.  I love the combined effects of the rough and smooth, thick and thin.
 I joined the Palette Knife Painting group online not too long ago so you haven't seen this one yet!  I lived on the island of Maui for 5 years and this was the view from a friend's porch in Ulupalakua.  The water you see in the distance would be Makena Beach.  This is a beautiful part of the island and shouldn't be missed if you find yourself there!
My email address is:  janethod@aol.com
My personal blog is:  http://janetbludaufineart.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...