Monday, December 6, 2010

Terra Firma Farm by Roxanne Steed



5"x7" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

"A critic is someone who never actually goes to the battle, yet who afterwords comes out shooting the wounded."
- Tyne Daly



December is always packed with activities, (I have yet to put up the Christmas tree!), but today it felt great to get in some painting time again. One of the local farms in our area, Terra Firma Farm believes in natural sustainable farming and also runs educational programs for the community. For an artist, it's also a place of great natural beauty. I've got this small study completed, as well as one done in gouache in my sketchbook.

I've started a rather large one of this on my easel as well. This small oil study, "Terra Firma" is 5x7" on gessoed masonite artboard and is available for purchase directly from me.

To see this & other available works, please visit my DailyPainters.com gallery store.

I'm currently taking commissions for next year - 2011- if you have a special pet, event, memorable place, that you'd like to commemorate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...