Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sky #38 desert sky by BECKY JOY

Sky # 38  6x6 oil landscape on canvas panel
$125. free shipping, free display easel
to puchase click here.
I know the sky doesn't have a lot going on in it. It is really about the ground on this one, but I'm going to post it as sky #38.
I started the painting as an abstract shape for the shadows linking them together. All paintings have as their essence abstract shapes to hold the painting together. I then started adding the light on the ground and details with few details in the shadows. The sky was next laying down a golden pink at the horizon and more on the right, then cad red with titanium and lastly, at the top I layed in alizarine crimson and titanium. After that was all down I then went over the sky with ultramarine and titanium keeping it lighter at the horizon. This grayed the sky, but kept it warm with the reds under it.
I'm starting to get together some images for an ebook that I will be putting together along with the progression and explanations for my reasoning and choices. Hopefully, it will be ready within two weeks. The hardest part is for me to remember to stop painting and to take a photo.
Well, onto more painting today.
Talk to you all later.
Becky Joy
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com
http://beckyjoy.com
http://beckyjoy.com/blog

1 comment:

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...