Monday, October 18, 2010

winter afternoon sunset and barn scene by BECKY JOY

This 6x6 oil is sky #17 available on my website for $110. 
which includes shipping in the US and a small black wrought 
iron display easel.

This is a winter scene from Oregon. The only warmth was in the sky at late afternoon. I like the peach color against the different blues and violets. I used the palette knife on the buildings, trees, sky and the bushes in front. I usually use the palette knife towards the end of the painting putting the basics in with the brush.

Today I got the news from FASO that one of my paintings was voted in the top 15% for the FAV 15%. That is really a nice feeling to be voted on my work by other artists. To view the paintings that were picked, click here.

I also got the news earlier that I will be in the Mountain Oyster show in Tucson. One of my plein air pieces from Lake Pleasant.

I haven't gotten a whole lot of painting done with the studio remodel. The studio is coming along great. Today I got a sliding door in that will open to the patio. I like the idea of being able to keep the door open on a nice day. It will be a great way to keep the fumes down. I would also like to put in an exhaust fan. I'll take some photos a little later so that you can see my new reworked studio. The electrical and new lights will be next, then the roof.

Talk to you all later.
BECKY JOY
http://beckyjoyartist.blogspot.com
www.beckyjoy.com
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...