Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Plein air antique truck oil by BECKY JOY

This is an 8x10 plein air that is available on my website, www.beckyjoy.com

The day that I painted this one, I had a poet "shadow" me for the day. I started at another location painting a barn and out buildings, but it was way too hot. So, I moved on to another location closer to the coast. The main object was just to find a shady place to paint. I pulled into a parking lot and found this old truck across the lot. I thought the red would show well against all the greens. 

The poet that followed me and wrote about me painting this truck is Jane Elsdon of Atascadero, CA.
The following is the poem that she wrote.

FAREWELL TO THE JONESES

No keeping up with the Joneses here
Artist that she is -
The moment that she saw it -
Rusty old red Dodge
Flatbed truck, vintage 30's or 40's
Disintegrating before
A backdrop of green
Beside a billboard boasting
Town of HARMONY
Population 18 -
It was instant love

For this artist
No hot August nights
Where folks from wide and far
Parade their seductive vintage 
Automobiles through town
Ashine with radical restoration
Like a fading actress displaying
Her latest tuck and nip
On the red carpet.

It was simply
Romance of the brush
Seduction of the subject
Captured on canvas
By a brush whose bristles
Reveal the light.

Jane Elsdon
September 28, 2010
BECKY JOY
http://beckyjoyartist.blogspot.com
www.beckyjoy.com
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com
http://groups.google.com/group/becky-is-painting
http


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...