Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Summer Flowers - Lily #1 by Nithya Swaminathan

This original painting is a heavily textured palette knife painting from my ongoing series of lilies. Though the poppies themselves are summer blooms, they were kinda bordering spring and summer I would think. Maybe indicating the start of summer. The gorgeous day lilies on the other hand stood for all things summer. What with their fiery hot colors anyway! I was completely smitten by the orange-red lilies and did them in so many variations. At one point my entire neighborhood was full of these lilies that they had to be painted over and over again. Let me know what you think.
textured painting of lily
Summer flowers - Lily #1
Acrylics on board, 5 by 7 inches
© 2010 Nithya Swaminathan
Buy here

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...