Saturday, May 25, 2013

SOLD ~ Surrounded by Love and a New Florida Workshop by Dallas Arboretum Flower Instructor Nancy Medina


Surrounded by Love White Lilies and Hydrangeas
by Nancy Medina

SOLD
12X16
Oil on Archival Panel


Surrounded by Love, White Lilies and Hydrangeas, is the newest daily painting on the easel in Flower Mound Studio. I was delighted to get a big response to my post yesterday, providing tips on how to paint red poppies. Over 200 folks tuned in! I will provide more tips for you in the future, and eventually put these into a collection. 

If you've been following my art blog for a while, you may already be familiar with my step by step paintings, where I provide each step of a painting for you in images. I start with a completely transparent underpainting, then move into opaque colors as a last step, a final reward for all the hard work of building a foundation of color that will play well with the final values. Put a little joy in your brush and join me for a flower painting workshop! I'll be teaching in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, next spring. What say let's put on our vacation hats and make some flowers bloom on the beach! 






Detail from Surrounded by Love, one little lily

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...