Monday, February 25, 2013

Blue Jean Bluebonnets by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina


Blue Jean Bluebonnets
by Nancy Medina
12X12
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas


 I've been exercising my landscape brushes lately, and the new collection of paintings would not be complete without at least one new bluebonnet, don't you agree? Blue Jean Bluebonnets reminded me so much of one of my favorite pairs of extra soft, extra worn jeans from my teen years, back when pale blue denim was in style and super wide bell bottoms. I've had lots of trips down memory lane lately, staying with mom and helping go through paperwork, favorite books and records, as well as a few terrifying photos of myself with big hair and glitter blue eyeshadow from the 1980s which you'll notice I'm not including here.  Also in the mix was a great deal of birdwatching, and the little feeder attached to mom's kitchen window attracted more than just birds. AnnieBee got up close and personal with a squirrel, as you can see on my art blog today! Take a peek and let me know what you think was going through her head....


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...