Saturday, December 29, 2012

New Year, New Beginnings by Pamela Blaies


18" x 24"
oil on linen

I used some new materials and tools on this one. This is my first painting ever on oil primed linen affixed to Gatorboard using brushes and the knife.  It is a little tricky using a knife on board.  Since I've always used the knife exclusively in my painting up until the past month or so, it still feels a bit awkward to work with a brush and I used the knife on the detail work of the face, hands, dress and highlights in the velvet. But I am enjoying the results of my experimentation with using brushes along with my palette knife.  New year is the perfect time for trying out new things.

I love to share my art and inspiration. Click HERE to sign up for my email newsletter and receive a free gift of postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...