Saturday, December 15, 2012

Perfect Day by Kay Wyne


Perfect Day
48" x 72" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Palette Knife Painting
I took a break from on the collaborative commission that Sharon and I have been working on for the past three weeks and put this canvas on my easel.  When I needed a break from the long hours of that job, I worked on this painting.  I wanted to paint something loose and colorful, fun and happy.  I used two different palette knives on this painting...so there is plenty of paint built up on the canvas.  Blending colors, I was mindful that it doesn't take much mixing to create MUD.  I also got brave and put my least favorite color in....green.  I usually back away from greens of any shade, but cad green was a good choice, especially when it bounces off the cad reds and oranges.  Thanks for looking at this painting.  Contact me if you have any questions about this painting....kay@kwyne.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...