Sunday, November 27, 2011

Horizon Series: Abstract Aspens #1111 by Kay Wyne

Horizon Series: Abstract Aspens #1111
This contemporary palette knife painting has layers and layers of color and texture. I started with a base coat of warm gray on sides and front of canvas. After putting my horizon line in, I used oil sticks and brush to apply color. Using the palette knife, I started putting trees in from the horizon line. I wanted more violets, blues and grays to dominate on the canvas. The crimson, burnt orange and turquoise bounce off the cool colors, giving the piece some contrast. The canvas is 36" x 48", and is ready to hang...no fame needed on the gallery wrap canvas. Thanks for viewing this blog and my art.....Kay at 214-532-0325 or kay@kwyne.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...