Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Roseate Spoonbill - Florida Bird Painting - Nancy Medina Art

http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1641354

 Florida Spoonbill Painting
by Nancy Medina
16X20
Oil on Linen



I've been wanting to paint a Spoonbill for some time, mainly because they are beautiful birds, and they are pink! Since I'm heading to Florida very soon to teach, it seemed a good time to unveil my Roseate fellow. Upon closer inspection, with his spoon shaped nose, perhaps he is does not cut the elegant silhouette of the Blue Heron, but I still find him very appealing, with his lemon yellow face paint and his scarlet feathers. Wouldn't it be kismet if I were to actually see one of these fellows during my visit? If so, you'll be the first to hear about it!


http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1641354


Detail from Roseate Spoonbill

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...